I’ve never made biscotti before, but I am sure glad I decided to change that. Of course, I’ve been on an Oreo kick lately – so these biscotti are just another example of that. Yes, you read that right – they are a cookie within a cookie. But they are the perfect excuse to eat a cookie for breakfast – since biscotti are really perfect for dipping into your coffee or tea. So make your morning (or afternoon or evening) more delightful and make some biscotti! It’s way easier than it looks too! Enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 16 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 2 oz. semisweet chocolate or 2 oz. white chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until blended.
3. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Fold in chopped cookies.
4. Divide mixture in half. With floured hands, shape each half into a 9x3-inch loaf on a lightly greased large baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the centers come out clean.
6. Remove from oven; cool for 10 minutes.
7. Cut each loaf diagonally into 15 (1/2-inch thick) slices.
8. Place slices, cut side up, on same baking sheet.
9. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes more on each side or until lightly toasted.
10. Once cooled, drizzle tops with melted chocolate.
Source: What Katie’s Baking