Today is my Birthday!
Plans are to celebrate with my family tonight and have Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake (probably my favorite dessert ever!). I wouldn’t have it any other way!
I made this Oreo bark around the holidays – but it’s a super simple dessert (or snack!) that can me made anytime. It’s hardly even a recipe – but it was so good I had to share. I’m starting to think you can put Oreos in pretty much anything and it will be a hit. I’ve got another recipe with Oreos coming up soon too!
- 26 oz. high quality milk or dark chocolate
- 26 oz. high quality white chocolate
- 10 Oreos, crushed
1. Melt 14 ounces of dark chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Pour on parchment paper and spread, sprinkle with crushed cookies, and set in the freezer for 15 minutes.
2. Within the 15 minutes, melt 14 ounces of the white chocolate. Pour on top of dark chocolate and cookies – it will most likely NOT spread evenly because of the cookies, but move quickly and use a spatula to spread it out. Sprinkle with more cookies and set in the freezer for 15 minutes.
3. Repeat this method with the dark chocolate layer again, and then the white chocolate layer, sprinkling cookies on each time and freezing.
4. Remove from freezer and chop into triangles with a large, sharp knife. Store in the refrigerator.
Source: How Sweet Eats