I think I need more mini M&Ms in my life – I just love them - they are the perfect size for baking and snacking. These peanut butter cookies were super easy to mix together – which is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time. The were also soft and chewy and crisp around the edges – which I think is the way a cookie should be. Enjoy!
And have a very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!!
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups M&M’s (mini or regular)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda, whisking until combined. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter on medium high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
5. Add the sugars and peanut butter, mixing until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Reduce the mixer speed and add the egg, vanilla, and milk, mixing until completely combined.
7. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir in the M&M’s.
8. Drop the cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets and bake the cookies until lightly golden around the edges, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
Makes about 36 cookies
Source: The Curvy Carrot