Sep 21, 2011

Tomato Cucumber Salad

tomatoes

There is nothing better than ripe tomatoes off the vine.  As you can see – I managed to get plenty (from my sisters garden).  I really wish I could get free tomatoes all year long!   So along with BLTs and tomatoes in salads and on sandwiches – I decided we needed to be eating tomatoes with every meal.  It was my lucky day when I looked in the fridge and had a cucumber, left over feta cheese and green onions.  This salad was destined to be! 

tom cuc salad 1

You can definitely adjust the ingredients to suit your taste – but I loved this combination.  This would also be a super simple side dish to bring to a party – Enjoy!!

tom cuc salad 2

Ingredients

  • 3 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 small cucumber - peeled, quartered lengthwise, and chopped
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 3 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions

In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper.

Source: Allrecipes

Printer-friendly version

No comments:

Post a Comment