I love coconut – and almonds – and chocolate. This is only similar to the candy bar with the same ingredients– but it really is better because you can use bittersweet chocolate and the crunchy graham cracker crust that holds everything together.
These are a decadent treat – and super simple to make. I can definitely see myself making them for many occasions – they are sure to be a hit! Enjoy!
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Melt butter and stir into sugar and graham crackers until evenly combined.
2. Press into the bottom of a 8x8 inch pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
3. While the crust is baking, mix the sweetened condensed milk with the coconut until incorporated.
4. Remove crust from the oven and spread coconut filling over the crust. Sprinkle the almonds over the filling.
5. Bake the bars in the 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
6. Take the bars out of the oven, turn off oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the bars. Return to oven for a few minutes until the chips are melted enough to spread with a knife.
7. Cool completely and then cut into squares.