This is a great - very easy - crockpot recipe. You just throw everything in and turn it on - it doesn't get much simpler than that! It only takes about 2 hours on high or 3-4 on low, so it's easy to throw together in the afternoon and serve for dinner at night. I serve this recipe over some rice - but I also think it would taste good rolled in a tortilla with some cheddar cheese. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 2 jars (16 oz.) salsa - your favorite kind
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped in chunks
- 1 red pepper,diced
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Green onions, sliced
- Rice - white or brown
1. Combine chicken, salsa, corn, onion, pepper, taco seasoning and black beans in your crockpot and stir to combine.
2. Heat in HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 3-4 hours.
3. Prepare rice for serving. Garnish with cheese and green onions.
Source: adapted from Heather Drive