Jan 27, 2010

Mexican Crockpot Chicken


This is a great - very easy - crockpot recipe.  You just throw everything in and turn it on - it doesn't get much simpler than that!  It only takes about 2 hours on high or 3-4 on low, so it's easy to throw together in the afternoon and serve for dinner at night.    I serve this recipe over some rice - but I also think it would taste good rolled in a tortilla with some cheddar cheese. Enjoy!

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
  • 2 jars (16 oz.) salsa - your favorite kind
  • 1 cup frozen corn kernels
  • 1 large yellow onion, chopped in chunks
  • 1 red pepper,diced
  • 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
  • 1 can (16 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
for serving:
  • Cheddar cheese, shredded
  • Green onions, sliced
  • Rice - white or brown

Directions
1.  Combine chicken, salsa, corn, onion, pepper, taco seasoning and black beans in your crockpot and stir to combine. 
2.  Heat in HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 3-4 hours. 
3.  Prepare rice for serving.  Garnish with cheese and green onions.

Source: adapted from Heather Drive

4 comments:

  1. I love how you serve yours, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a nice twist on Salsa Chicken. Your picture looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks awesome - I never think to serve mexican over rice. Great blog...adding to my reader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love my slow cooker! I have a bunch of healthy slow cooker recipes that I post on my blog if you're interested. (http://healthyslowcooking.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete