We love chocolate chips in anything. These are some really easy, moist muffins that are quick to pull together at the last minute. And they make a great mid-morning snack.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line 16 muffin tins with paper liners.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir together with a whisk.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
5. Beat in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl between each addition.
6. Mix in the vanilla until well blended.
7. Add half of the flour mixture to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Add the milk and mix until just combined. Mix in the rest of the flour mixture, beating just until incorporated.
8. Fold in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.
9. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin liners.
10. Bake for 21-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.11. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer the muffins to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
As seen on Annies Eats , originally from Williams Sonoma
Printer friendly version of this recipe