Whenever I make a dessert for work or a large gathering I always try to make something that is all ready to grab-n-go – no cutting or scooping involved. That is what I loved about these brownie bites – there were the perfect size and very people pleasing. Who doesn’t love a bite of brownie – topped with chocolate ganache and toffee bits or sprinkles (or walnuts or coconut, etc. etc.)
For the brownies:
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
5 1/3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
For the ganache:
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
Toffee bits, sprinkles, chopped nuts, coconut, etc..
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the unsweetened chocolate and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat just until melted and smooth. Remove the pan from the heat.
3. Add the sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt, and whisk until combined. Stir in the flour until just incorporated. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin cup.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until completely set. Allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Remove brownies from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. To make the ganache: heat the whipping cream in a small saucepan over medium heat just until it simmers; remove from the heat. Add the bittersweet chocolate to the heated cream, let stand for 30 seconds, then whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is well blended.
6. Gently dip the top of each brownie in the ganache and then sprinkle with toppings. Allow the glaze to set completely before serving.
Source: Annie’s Eats