Turkey burgers have always been one of my favorite easy meals. I was intrigued by this version with zucchini and carrot added in the mix – you can’t go wrong with just a few more veggies in the dinner. And they did not disappoint – super moist and flavorful.
These were likely the very last item I cooked on our grill for the season – winter is way too cold around here to stand outside cooking. Luckily I enjoy cooking on a grill pan in the wintertime – so I can still enjoy grilled foods all year long. Even better since I got 8 burgers out of this recipe and have a bunch in the freezer for a quick dinner. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- spash worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Shred zucchini and carrots. Mince garlic.
2. Combine zucchini, carrots, garlic, paprika, worcestershire, salt, pepper, egg, bread crumbs, and turkey in a bowl. Shape mix into 8 patties.
3. Heat oil in large skillet or grill pan (or grill) over medium heat.
4. Cook the patties (about 4-5 minutes per side) until no longer pink. Serve on toasted buns with your favorite condiments.
Source: Beantown Baker