I was so excited when I found this recipe – the title is immediately mouthwatering. I knew this is something we both would enjoy. Next time I need to plan ahead better and use leftover rice and chicken instead of making them just for this recipe – but other than that – this recipe is easy, delicious, and healthy. Yum - enjoy!
- 1 cup cooked rice, warm or at room temperature
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green onion, finely sliced (white and green parts)
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 6-8 burrito-sized flour tortillas
1. Mix rice together with chili powder, cumin and garlic salt then add in the chicken, beans, green onion, pepper, cilantro and lime juice.
2. Sprinkle cheese over tortillas, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then arrange chicken and rice mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold and roll stuffed tortillas into a burrito. Spray the tortillas all over with cooking spray.
3. Heat a large non-stick skillet (or griddle) over medium heat for 1 minute. Arrange 2 wraps, seam-side down, in pan and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining wraps. Serve immediately.
Source: Mel’s Kitchen Café