If you love raw cookie dough – these are the dessert for you! But don’t fret – there are no raw eggs in these (although that doesn’t even concern me – maybe it should though?) They were super easy to make – I made the ‘dough’ two nights before I needed it, then dipped them the next day and kept them in the refrigerator until I needed them the following day. OMG! Are they divine – and they were a huge hit with my family who got to enjoy these. You will not be disappointed with these!
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ lb. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped [I use Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips – they melt perfectly for dipping]
- additional mini chocolate chips (for garnish)
1. Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
2. Beat in the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until incorporated and smooth.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture has firmed up enough to form balls.
4. Shape the chilled cookie dough mixture into 1-1.5 inch balls (I used my cookie scoop). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. When ready to dip the truffles, melt the chocolate in the microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval.
6. Dip each chilled truffle, one at a time, coating in chocolate and shaking gently to remove the excess. Transfer to parchment paper lined surface to set.
7. If using mini chocolate chips for garnish, sprinkle on top quickly after dipping each truffle before the chocolate sets. Once all the truffles have been dipped, store them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.