I love an easy, quick bread recipe. I needed to make a quick breakfast item – and this worked out perfectly. I only had a tiny slice of the end of this bread – but it was moist and full of cinnamon-y deliciousness! And look how pretty it is when cut and plated…
(makes 1 loaf)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9″x5″x3″ loaf pan.
2. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. Combine the white sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg. Stir in buttermilk, vanilla and oil.
5. Make a well in the flour mixture and add the egg/buttermilk mixture. Stir just until mixed. Do not over-mix.
6. Pour half of the batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon mixture. Repeat. With a wide rubber scraper or spatula, swirl mixtures together with a down and up circular motion.
7. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until done. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Source: Sing for your Supper