Peanut butter, butterscotch, chocolate and rice krispies = chocolate scotcheroos! I had no idea that you could make rice krispie treats without using marshmallows either! I was trying to make a dessert to bring to a friends house and I wanted to figure out something using ingredients I had in the house already. I have a pretty well stocked baking pantry – so it wasn’t that difficult – but we all know that usually you run out of something right when you need it. Luckily, I had just enough of everything to make these. Good thing – because not only were they simple to make – they tasted delicious! Enjoy!
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
1. Place corn syrup and sugar into 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well.
2. Add rice krispies cereal. Stir until well coated. Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm and then cut.
Source: Rice Krispies