If you are looking for an easy to whip-up and super delectable and delicious brownies – here you have have them. Gooey brownie base, covered with chopped peanuts, peanut butter cups and if that is not enough all of that is topped with a peanut butter rice krispy layer.
It is no wonder that these are affectionately known as ‘better-than-crack’ brownies across the blogosphere. I decided to go by chocolate peanut butter crunch brownies since I have no idea if they are better than crack and I have no intentions of finding out!
But believe me – the people you make these for will be eternally grateful to you for making their life sweeter. Enjoy!
- 1 batch brownies for a 9×13-inch pan (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 8 Reese’s peanut butter cups, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. Prepare the brownies according to the directions and bake for about 5 minutes less than the recipe states. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the top with the peanuts and chopped peanut butter cups. Return to the oven and bake for 5 additional minutes.
2. Melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in the cereal to evenly coat.
3. Remove the brownies from the oven and evenly pour the chocolate and peanut butter mixture over top. Spread to cover evenly.
4. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting and serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Source: Brown-eyed Baker