This was one of those meals that I kept moving around on my menu plan for one reason or another. And then when I finally made it I regretted every second that I didn’t make it sooner.
Even though it looks complex – this pizza was actually a really easy dinner. I had a ball of pizza dough already in the freezer to use – or you could use store bought. The base is a simple olive oil and some spices. The toppings included some diced artichoke hearts, katamala olives, sliced red onion, sun-dried tomatoes, cooked chicken (plan ahead and have this already cooked!), feta and mozzarella cheeses. Just a bit of rough chopping and the prep was complete and this pizza was ready to be baked.
The combination was as close to perfection as you can get. I don’t know if they even eat pizza like this in Greece – but it doesn’t even matter – it is delicious just the way it is.
- 1 batch pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- ~2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ~1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- ~1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 oz. grilled chicken breast strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup canned quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ~1 tsp. dried parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Roll dough out to form a large round. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic and oregano.
3. Spread half of the mozzarella evenly over the top, then add the rest of the toppings, ending with the other half of the mozzarella, then the feta cheese and parsley.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes, or until the crust is baked through and golden brown.
Source: adapted from Pennies on a Platter