I was looking for an quick and easy gluten-free and dairy-free dessert recipe to make for a last minute get-together since one of my Aunts can’t have either of those items. I easily whipped these up and baked them in no time at all. The are super gooey and fudgey – who would think the only chocolate flavor comes from the cocoa powder. You definitely need to use high-quality cocoa in a recipe like these (I buy mine at Penzeys), otherwise the intense fudgey flavor will not shine through.
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- 1 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
2. Stir together all of the ingredients until smooth and completely mixed.
3. Drop batter onto baking sheets (a cookie scoop will be very helpful since the batter is sticky).
4. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, until the tops are crackly. Cool completely on baking sheet.
Source: King Arthur Flour